Maybe..
Could be..
Should be..
Must be..
By now, you would probably know the reason why I did what I did..
But I'm really curious about one thing.
Ever since I met you, why did everything that go wrong include you.
Wait, it didn't just include you, it evolved around you.
Like, what crap is this?
Arrrrggggghhh! I hate it when people step into my life and throw me off balance.
No, you didn't throw me off balance, you just snapped your fingers and I flew from Earth to Pluto.
Thanks, thanks a lot..
He held his luggage with both hands, trying desperately to stop them from shaking. Whether it was from the cold or the pain in his heart, he knew not. All he knew was that his darling was coming by, soon.. Soon..
"Daddy!" a sweet little voice called out.
He dropped his luggage and spun around to catch her as she threw herself into his arms. The warmth of their embrace covered them like a heated blanket in the middle of the cold platform.
"Hi there, sweetheart." he whispered as he tightened their embrace, tears welling in his eyes. Yes, he would miss her. A lot. She was his precious darling. Oh, how could he ever bear to leave her? To tell her goodbye forever?
With trembling hands, he untangled himself and cupped her tear-stained face. So she knew. She knew what was coming..
"Get on with it, your train is leaving in five minutes." A familiar voice behind them said coldly, as if it was void of emotions.
He smiled weakly.
"Sorry, Julia."
He turned back to his beloved daughter.
"Christine," he called her name softly, his voice hoarse.
"Yes, daddy?" Fresh tears filled her eyes.
"Will you promise me something?"
"Will you stay if I promise you?"
He smiled a painful smile.
"Daddy has to leave no matter what, sweetie."
"Then will you come back for me?"
Christine looked pleadingly at her father, tears blurring her vision.
"I will, someday."
"Then I promise."
He held her by her shoulders.
"Always listen to your mother."
She nodded.
"And never cry when someone is leaving. You must show them your beautiful smile, the smile that they will remember forever. Darling, smile. Smile for me."
Through her tears, Christine smiled.
"James! Your train leaves in two minutes!" The woman called out shrilly.
He reached into his pocket and pulled out his handkerchief. Holding Christine gently in his arms, he wiped away her tears. Then they looked at each other with a strange intensity, as if trying to memorise the face of the opposite. After what seemed like an eternity, she reached up and touched his face with her hands. He smiled, his unshed tears falling as a dull pain attacked his heart.
"Are you trying to memorise my face?" his voice broke.
She shook her head, her eyes never leaving is face.
"I know you by heart. And so shall I continue to do so."
"I, too, know you by heart. And my heart you shall always own. Christine, Daddy loves you."
"Daddy, I love you, too"
With that, James ran towards the train and stepped in just as the doors closed. Leaning out of the window, he waved to Christine until the platform disappeared, as if he could not bear to stop. Then, settling down heavily onto his seat, he started sobbing, raising eyebrows of the concerned passengers around him. Softly, he whispered out of the window, hoping that the wind would bring his words to her.
"Christine, goodbye, my darling.."
This is part of an essay I wrote in sec 2. Well, not exactly. But similar. And up till now I can't forget the story nor the emotions I used to write this story. Anyway, I really loved this story cause it was one of the few which I inserted real emotions into. Most of the time people would only add emotions that they think the character feels. But the best novels are usually written from the heart. That's the beauty of stories, no? I thought about it and now I really think I enjoy reading. Seriously. And I'm sort of hooked onto reading fan fictions nowadays. The authors may not be writers, but it's there where you see people as their truest selves while hidden under a pen name, their creativity and some, rather rare, but surely present, beautiful language. Okay then, I shall leave with this. Bye, everyone! ;D