Smile, though your heart is aching
Smile, even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky
You'll get by...
If you smile
With your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just...
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just...
Smile, though your heart is aching
Smile, even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky
You'll get by...
If you smile
Through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile...
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
This was the song a beloved friend sang to me for my birthday. I have no idea why. But tonight, I was thinking of this friend and decided to look at the email again. Then, I watched the video of him singing the song once again. Somehow it had the same effect on me as when I first saw it. Can't help crying. Sorry your song had an opposite effect on me.
My friend, my brother, I am truly blessed to know you too. And I'm sure that no matter where you go, you'll be like the star which outshines all others, both in their eyes and their hearts. But please remember, no matter in what situation, please take care of yourself. Sometime ago, someone told me 'You make others smile, but you can't make yourself smile'. It was directed to me, but somehow, at times, I feel as if you're more suited for this line. There were times when I felt that something was bothering you, but when I asked, you told me there was nothing. Yet I couldn't shake of the feeling. And I finally realised why. It was because you were so focused on getting everything off your agenda that you failed to realise that the list is never ending. So, please please please, where I can't see you, can you at least try a little to take more care of yourself? And don't be shocked when I tell you I love you, cause I do.